Toowoomba-based role (but can be worked remotely) for experienced Snr Accountant, preferably with Public Accounting exp.. CA quals highly regarded.
Our client, a global leader in the innovation of agricultural equipment is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team, based in Toowoomba, QLD, however
the role provides the flexibility of working remotely (within reasonable travel distance) while staying close to the operations.
A transition from public accounting will allow you to gain more exposure to operations, forecasting and profitability analysis in a live setting. Although the role does include day-to-day accounting functions, the true growth potential lies in the opportunities to enhance your skillset by thinking analytically and critically to propose solutions for greater profitability and efficiencies.
As a Senior Accountant, your role will include:
- Day to day financial accounting functions;
- Processing STP payroll for Australian employees;
- Producing End of Month and Year-end reporting;
- Overseeing local supplier payments;
- Conducting financial reviews;
- Producing yearly budgets and financial reports based on performance data;
- Presenting recommendations to the business and leadership team;
- Ensuring compliance with SOX 404;
- Performing financial modelling, forecasting and profit and loss analysis;
- Drilling into revenues and costs to be able to propose solutions to increase profitability; and
- General assistance with tasks and projects with other Finance team members.
In return, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work in an innovative business with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Polish and refine your management accounting abilities while remaining in touch with operational tasks;
- Work in a global company while working remotely;
- Have flexible working arrangements; and
- Be rewarded with an attractive salary package and a friendly working environment.
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in public accounting;
- On track to obtain or obtention of CA designation;
- Strong foundation in financial reporting knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS, particularly revenue recognition (ASC 606 or IFRS 15);
- Good understanding of SOX 404 compliance requirements;
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work remotely and cross functionally;
- First class communication skills with any type of stakeholder;
- Microsoft Office proficiency, and deep understanding of Microsoft Dynamics Business Central
- Expertise or desire to learn SQL and in general, using programming as a tool to scale and solve problems.
Please contact the HB Group on Tel: 46394410 for a confidential discussion, or submit your Resume through the applicable job board.