Permanent, Full-time position for Legal Secretary with Toowoomba legal firm. Experienced PA/EA’s welcome to apply.
The HB Group is currently seeking an experienced Legal Secretary or a motivated Personal/Executive Assistant with transferrable skills to work in one of Toowoomba’s leading legal firms.
The Legal Secretary will be responsible for the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Transcribing and formatting letters and documents;
- Opening and closing files;
- Collating briefs to Barristers;
- Diary Management;
- Maintaining hard copy files, filing correspondence and documents and saving and maintaining electronic files;
- Collating and preparing list of client documents for exchange;
- Filing Documents on the Commonwealth Portal;
- Assisting clients with routine enquiries;
- Preparing standard form letters and documents such as letters to valuers requesting quotes;
- Preparing client agreements and accounts to clients;
- Generally assisting your solicitor to run his or her files.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- fast and accurate typing skills coupled with dictation transcription ability;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills;
- a highly organised approach to work;
- attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and organise administrative tasks;
- positive communication skills;
- ability to work autonomously and as part of a close knit team;
- intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook; and
- previous experience in a legal or professional firm (preferred but not essential)