Local Government- temp 6 week position, with the possibility of extension, Full-time, Monday – Friday.
HB Recruitment is searching for an experienced Building Compliance Officer for an immediate start. This position is a full – time, temp position with the possibility of an extension. Working Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm.
The Building Compliance Officer undertakes compliance inspections and assessments, and is responsible for regulation, the processing of complex applications and the provision of recommended referral agency responses.
- Undertake assessment and processing of complex development applications and provide recommended referral agency responses
- Undertake assessment of complex development applications for regulatory building matters and building compliance issues
- Undertake inspections associated with regulatory building matters
- Provide reports on the progress of project activities including recommendations
- Contribute to the preparation and review of relevant Branch policies and procedures
- Provide expert advice on building matters to team members and customers
- Overseeing the identification and action on non-compliant building work as well as undertake infringement and enforcement activities including issuing notices under the relevant legislation
- Developing individual and unit work programs and procedures, set priorities and maintain and monitor processes to meet legislative requirements and customer service requirements
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
- A combination of extensive experience, expertise and competence in building compliance which enables the incumbent to perform all duties of the position
- Possession of a WH&S Competency Card for CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry or CPCCOHS1001A – Work Safely in the Construction Industry
- Possession of a current ‘C’ Class Driver’s Licence
- Accreditation at Building Surveyor level is desirable
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Knowledge of, and the ability to interpret, legislation, technical manuals and codes related to regulatory building functions
To apply for this position, please send your Resume to [email protected]