Permanent Role in a Toowoomba-based Christian School for a First Aid & Attendance Officer. First Aid qualifications required. Flexible hours.
A new opportunity currently exists for a permanent First Aid and Attendance Officer in a Toowoomba-based Christian College. Our client is flexible on work hours for this role so both full-time and part-time applicants are welcome to apply.
The First Aid and Attendance Officer will have primary responsibility for the provision of health assessment and care to ill or injured students, staff and visitors, and will also be responsible for maintaining student medical data and first aid supplies, and managing student attendance records.
Reporting directly to the Business Manager, the First Aid and Attendance Officer’s key responsibilities will include:
- Assessing/Triaging students requiring medical attention
- Administering first aid to students and/or staff members
- Managing electronic student attendance records and rolls
- Recording student visits to the First Aid Office and details of service
- Providing student medical information/medicine to staff supervising school excursions/trips
- Signing students in and out of School grounds
- Liaison with parents and Emergency Services, when required
- Preparing reports relating to attendance
Applicants for this role should possess the following experience, qualifications and technical knowledge:
- Current Senior First Aid qualification (qualifications and/or experience in Nursing would be highly regarded but not essential)
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and EpiPen training
- A passion for working with young people
- Current valid Working with Children Check (or willingness to obtain)
- The ability to exert calm authority in medical emergency situations
- High level communication skills
- Strong computer skills
All applicants must have an understanding of the philosophy of Christian education as practiced in the school.
For further information on this role or a copy of the detailed Position Description, please contact HB Recruitment on Tel: (07) 46394410 or [email protected]