Full-time position, 3 years prior management experience desired, generous salary on offer, friendly family owned business.
An exciting full-time, Management opportunity has become available to work in the most highly regarded and well-known specialty stores for BBQ’s, grills, smokers and wood/gas flame fires. This is an opportunity to be part of a business that is growing rapidly and retailing some great brands!!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a small retail team, which includes training, coaching and mentoring the team
- Achieve financial objectives by – preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances, initiating corrective actions
- Use available accounting resources identify sales trends and assist in setting scope to access and grow according to the trends
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by – approving contracts (in consultation with Managing Director as needed), maintaining inventories.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing results as needed, working on the sales floor and undertaking tasks as directed by the owners / Managing Director.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by – attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following skills
- 3 years experience in a similar Management role
- LR License and Forklift ticket and advantage, but not essential
- Experience in BBQ’s, smokers/grills and gas fires highly desired, but not essential
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent leadership skills
- Commercial awareness
- Analytical mind and familiarity with data analysis principles
- Excellent knowledge (or ability to gain knowledge) of retail management software (e.g. MYOB, Retail Express)
- Tertiary qualifications in business administration, sales or relevant field is desirable.
On-going training and support will be provided to ensure you have a great knowledge of the products you are selling.