Excellent opportunity for experienced Redress Case Worker to work 38 hours per fortnight (flexible days/hours) for 12 month contract. Toowoomba NFP.
The HB Group is currently working with a Toowoomba-based Not-for-Profit Organisation to source a part-time Redress Case Worker for a 12 month contract (with possible extension depending on funding).
Working 38 hours per fortnight (flexible on days and hours), the Redress Case Worker will provide individual assistance, including counselling, redress applications, case work, advice, information, referrals and assessments) to people in Toowoomba and the Maranoa who have experienced institutional childhood sexual abuse.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Performing initial intake and assessment procedures
- Providing counselling, redress applications, support, advocacy and referrals to clients via appointments at outreach locations, home visits, telephone, and on-site
- Developing intervention plans, crisis support and safety plans, as required
- Undertaking case work activities and assessing the issues and needs of the client
- Providing information, advice and referrals to, and liaising with, organisations which provide assistance and options to people
- Educating and training members of the general public and service providers about the National Redress Scheme
Applicants for this role, should possess the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field (i.e., Psychology, Social Work, Counselling, Mental Health), along with other training and experience related to delivery of trauma informed counselling services for people who experience complex trauma, with a specific focus on survivors of institutional child sexual abuse.
- Current Accreditation with a relevant professional body, e.g., APS, AASW
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of delivering counselling for people who experience complex trauma and recovery approaches to intervention.
- Exceptional client service ability including being able to deal with clients in distress
- Hold or be immediately eligible to obtain a Positive Notice for Working with Children and receive a positive notice from Disability Services Queensland based on mandatory criminal history screening.
For a detailed Position Description, please contact Anne at the HB Group on Tel: 46394410 or email [email protected].