Multiple Solicitor roles available in Roma, Goondiwindi, Toowoomba and Ipswich with Not-For-Profit organisation. Work full-time or part-time!
Our Client is known for providing first class legal services to a diverse cross section of people from the community. With offices in Ipswich, Toowoomba, Roma and Goondiwindi, we are seeking either full-time or part-time Solicitors to provide legal advice, support and casework in each office.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To provide legal advice, information, casework, representation, duty lawyer and related activities to clients
- To maintain knowledge of current legislation and cases, to ensure sound and accurate advice is provided to Clients.
- To educate members of the community and service providers on prevention and awareness activities and provide information about the services offered by the organisation
- Provide legal education including presenting at inhouse meetings, external seminars and stakeholder interest groups
- To prepare reports and other materials, as directed by the CEO or Manager Legal Services
- To undertake submission writing relevant to the focus of the organisation
Applicants for this role, should possess the following experienced and skills:
- Hold or be immediately eligible to obtain a Legal Practicing Certificate in QLD
- Relevant Post Admission experience ideally 12 months+, this is discretionary
- Hold or be immediately eligible to obtain a Positive Notice for Working with Children and receive a positive notice from Disability Services Queensland based on mandatory criminal history screening
- Study related to social justice, community services or human services (desirable but not essential)
- Great customer service and ability to show empathy, passion and inclusivity
What’s in it for you:
- Salary Sacrificing
- Supportive team environment
- Great pay
- Room for growth
- Four (4) locations to choose from – Toowoomba, Ipswich, Roma and Goondiwindi
- Rental allowance provided to the successful candidates placed in Goondiwindi or Roma
For a detailed Position Description, please telephone Shauna at HB Recruitment on Tel: 46394410 or email [email protected]