NFP Organisation based in Ipswich, seeking full-time or part-time Solicitor, fantastic $$$
Our client is a dynamic not-for-profit organisation delivering essential legal, advocacy, and social services across Ipswich, Toowoomba, and regions including Darling Downs, Maranoa, and Wide Bay. They empower vulnerable individuals facing challenges like family violence, financial hardship, and disability. With a unified team, they value the vision of “Social justice for all,” driving impactful change through hope, authenticity, and tenacity.
We are seeking either full-time or part-time Solicitors to provide legal advice, support and casework in Ipswich.
- To provide legal advice, information, casework, representation, duty lawyer and related activities to clients
- To maintain knowledge of current legislation and cases, to ensure sound and accurate advice is provided to Clients.
- To educate members of the community and service providers on prevention and awareness activities and provide information about the services offered by the organisation
- Provide legal education including presenting at inhouse meetings, external seminars and stakeholder interest groups
- To prepare reports and other materials, as directed by the CEO or Manager Legal Services
- To undertake submission writing relevant to the focus of the organisation
Applicants for this role, should possess the following experienced and skills:
- Hold or be immediately eligible to obtain a Legal Practicing Certificate in QLD
- Hold or be immediately eligible to obtain a Positive Notice for Working with Children and receive a positive notice from Disability Services Queensland based on mandatory criminal history screening
- Study related to social justice, community services or human services (desirable but not essential)
- Great customer service and ability to show empathy, passion and inclusivity
What’s in it for you:
- Salary Sacrificing
- Supportive team environment
- Great pay – Level 5
- Room for growth
For a detailed Position Description, please telephone Shauna at HB Recruitment on Tel: 46394410 or email [email protected]