Part of the Local Community
We have been a proud member of the Toowoomba community for thirty years during which time, we have supported numerous causes, charities and events. We also provide additional leave to staff who wish to volunteer within the community.
Opportunities for Everyone
Ensuring those coming into the workforce as trainees and apprentices are given the best opportunities possible, is also important to us. By nurturing talent and working closely with people from all walks of life, we can ensure everyone has access to all the resources they need to succeed.
Supporting Trainees and Apprentices
HB has extensive experience working with local trainees and apprentices across Southern Queensland. As a previous RTO, HB has trained, supported and employed many trainees and apprentices and worked closely with all local apprenticeship centres in Toowoomba.
HB ran many apprenticeship programs for a range of diverse students including indigenous, disadvantaged, disabled, mature aged, and women and placed many into employment.
HB has employed many school-based or full-time trainees over our 19 years of operation and many of these have gone on to be long term employees of HB.
We also recruit for our clients approximately 3 to 5 trainees/apprentices per annum. Using past successful trainees and apprenticeships as examples, we also educate our clients on the benefits and tips to ensure their experience is a positive one.
How we Give Back
As part of our corporate, social responsibility plan, we are committed to delivering results which are aligned to the core philosophies contained within the Policy.
We invest highly in training. Each staff member has a training budget which allows them to access training free of charge as well as getting paid while they attend.
We are committed to offer a family friendly work environment – staff are encouraged to attend all school events of their children and given time to do this. We also offer flexible working hours, and working from home solutions for our staff to assist in achieving a comfortable level of work-life balance. This as an integral strategy to our staff retention. This also helps to reduce the negative impact of commuter traffic and travel time.
We have reward, recognition and remuneration programs, which are based on clearly defined values and KPIs. As part of our commitment to ensuring retention of staff, we undertake formal salary reviews on an annual basis which are not just financially based, but also assess the ethics and values demonstrated by the employee, and their contribution to both the business of HB Group and the broader community in which we live and work.
At HB, we work with and educate our clients to ensure that our candidates and staff are paid correctly and compensated fairly for their efforts. HB also work with employers to understand the benefits of employing people from diverse backgrounds.
Both permanent and agency/temp staff have access to free Employment Assistance programs including counselling and coaching with social workers and psychologists.
We provide a free resume and career counselling consultation to job seekers.
Health and Community
The health and wellbeing of our community is something that we are passionate about and as such, we work hard to support key events whether that’s through sponsorship or membership.
- Toowoomba Hospital Foundation - Major sponsor
- Christmas Appeal – “Loads of Love” – Donor providing goods to the less fortunate
- ‘Share the Dignity’ – we put together packs of female products for the homeless community
- Biggest Morning Tea – Cancer: hosting events to raise money for Cancer research
- Girls Night In – Breast Cancer Corporate sponsorship
- Staff are provided with paid time out of office to give Blood to Australian Red Cross
- Garden City Rotary Club – raising money for various charities
- Toowoomba Says No to Violence – supporter and sponsor
- CEO Challenge –Sponsor - Domestic Violence
- Autism Queensland - Sponsor
- Sponsor – breast cancer, SIDS, Red Nose Day, genes for jeans initiatives each year
- Director and staff participate in Red Cross Door Knocking in our area
- Mock Interview Panel members – various Schools across Darling Downs – annually
- Soroptimist International – working to provide women worldwide with equal opportunities
If you are looking for a leading Toowoomba Recruitment Agency and Labour Hire specialists or you're searching for the next superstar to join your business, we can help.